The Cub Scout adventure begins with Tiger Cubs – a program of exciting indoor and outdoor activities designed for a boy who is in first grade or is 7 years old. The Tiger Cub program teaches boys family values, citizenship, health and fitness, communication skills, and respect for the outdoors. During this year, scouts will earn their Bobcat badge, Tiger Cub Immediate Recognition Emblem, and their Tiger Cub badge. Optionally, they may also work on elective activities.
Each scout should have a Tiger Cub Handbook which may be purchased locally at Meinders OKC Scout Shop.
No matter what age or grade a boy joins Cub Scouting, he must earn his Bobcat badge before he can be awarded a Tiger, Wolf, Bear, or Webelos badge. In order to receive a Bobcat badge, a boy must do the following:
- Learn and say the Cub Scout Promise and complete the Honesty Character Connection.
- Say the Law of the Pack and tell what it means.
- Tell what Webelos means.
- Show the Cub Scout sign and tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout handshake and tell what it means.
- Say the Cub Scout motto “Do Your Best!”
- Give the Cub Scout salute and tell what it means.
- Complete a “Bobcat Requirement” listed in the Cub Scout Handbook.
Tiger Cub Immediate Recognition Emblem
To begin his path to the Tiger Cub rank, a boy must do three things:
- Learn the Tiger Cub motto: Search, Discover, Share.
- Learn the Cub Scout sign.
- Learn the Cub Scout salute.
When the scout has completed these items, he is awarded the Tiger Cub Immediate Recognition Emblem.
Tiger Cub Badge
In order to receive a Tiger Cub badge, the scout needs to complete the following achievements:
- Making my Family Special
- Where I Live
- Keeping Myself Healthy and Safe
- How I Tell It
- Let’s Go Outdoors
Each achievement has three parts: a family activity, a den activity, and a Go See It outing. The Tiger Cub badge is awarded when the scout has completed all 15 parts of the five achievements.
Last Frontier Council Centennial Camporee
– 10/24/2014 - 10/26/2014 at All DayNovember Pack Meeting/Rain Gutter Regatta
– 11/13/2014 at 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmNovember Pack Campout
– 11/14/2014 - 11/16/2014 at All DayDecember Pack Meeting
– 12/04/2014 at 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmJanuary Pack Meeting
– 01/08/2015 at 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmPinewood Derby
– 01/24/2015 at 8:00 am - 12:00 pmFebruary Pack Meeting
– 02/05/2015 at 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmMarch Pack Meeting
– 03/05/2015 at 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmApril Pack Meeting
– 04/02/2015 at 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmMay Pack Meeting
– 05/07/2015 at 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmRocket Launch
– 05/10/2015 at 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm